An opportunity to join a team as a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) has become available! Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- To maintain and repair all process equipment in the plant and all building repairs in order to maximise plant availability and efficiency. Utilising and contributing to the knowledge-based system to help others within the department.
- To conduct maintenance and repair of all plant utilities such as HVAC, oxidisers, compressed air systems, etc to ensure the plant can run in a cost / fuel efficient and environmentally safe manner.
- To effectively undertake the Preventative Maintenance system including Condition Based Monitoring, archiving of all records and ensuring statutory requirements are met, to ensure the engineering group can track and trace data as required and to ensure downtime is minimised.
- To ensure that the engineering inventory and stores are regularly monitored, and orders raised when necessary to ensure minimum stock holding is achieved without placing the operation at risk.
- To deal with contractors on site in terms of providing guidance, permits to work and completing risk assessments with them.
- To deal with suppliers, both on the telephone and via email to ensure parts are ordered and the correct procedures are followed.
- To assist in the development/training of others within the business (e.g. Apprentice) where appropriate
Should have a good working knowledge of:-
- 5 GCSE's, NVQ3, ONC/D, 18th Ed.
- Preferably educated to a minimum of HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience), with mechanical skills
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with relevant experience in automation
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- A time served Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician/Engineer with experience within a production/manufacturing background preferably working within hazardous environments.
- Experienced in a continuous process type manufacturing environment i.e. chemicals, (packaging, food processing, insulation, print, textiles, paper)
If you think you are suitable for this Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician role, please apply now!
- Electrical Safety at Work
- BS7671 - 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Safe Isolation Procedures - why? when?
- PAT Testing, periodic electrical inspections
- Control, automation and instrumentation system
- Chemical process equipment
- Principles of operation of various pump types (Centrifugal, Lobe, AOD etc.)
- Roller Bearings
- Mechanical seals, couplings and locking devices
- Compressed air generation - principles of operation and safe handling
- Hot water boiler systems
- Condition Based Monitoring Strategies - Thermal imaging / condition monitoring/oil analysis/remote monitoring
- Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR 2002)