Financial Accountant - Manufacturing
£38K - £43K per annum
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager or Financial Accountant for my client based in Telford.
Hoshizaki is a well-established and financially sound manufacturing business that specialises in commercial refrigeration solutions. They are Japanese-owned and have a global presence. An upcoming retirement has created a vacancy for somebody to join the accounts team and work alongside the Management Accountant to deliver strong financial leadership within the business.
They offer an excellent working environment, benefits package, and invest in personal and professional development.The starting salary is £38K - £43K dependent on experience
. There is a very generous holiday allowance
which includes 22 days + Bank Holidays + 22 Fridays off a year so that you can enjoy more long weekends.
This is a full-time role with flexible working arrangements
that can accommodate school runs, other commitments, or just when you work best (within agreed parameters). Benefits package includes pension, healthcare and free parking.
While we are seeking a technically proficient accountant, with a manufacturing background, we are also seeking a people-person who is happy explaining how and why things are done a certain way to others within the business.
They have a stable and engaged workforce who pride themselves on doing a great job ... and having fun while they're at it.
Being a Japanese company, it is highly structured and precision, accuracy and punctuality are valued. Individuals are empowered to make decisions and the business cares about the people that make it. To this end, everybody is involved in ideas, suggestions and taking the business forward. This includes the shopfloor personnel and the successful candidate will have a flair for communicating with people at all levels. Duties will include:
The successful candidate will have:
- Internal Control & Audits
- Annual External Audit (liaising with Deloitte)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Monthly VAT returns
- Duty calculations for importing
- Monthly P&L forecast
- Corporation Tax calculations
- Acting as Company Secretary
- Insurances, Pensions, Healthcare & GAPP
- GDPR Manager
- Filing of Company Accounts
- Reporting change of Directorships to Companies House
- Taking & reporting Board minutes
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Good working knowledge of MS Dynamics AX (or similar)
- Competent MS Excel skills
- A desire to be part of the bigger picture and not just tucked away in the Accounts department!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive company that invests in staff and infrastructure and takes a long term view to business success.
Please apply now to avoid disappointment.