The Finance & Accountancy Division at SF Recruitment are exclusively working with a Private Equity Backed business in Leicester. My client is looking for a Finance Manager to join a growing and dynamic team.
This is a full time, contract to permanent role and is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a busy and challenging Finance Manager role.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, your duties will include but not limited to:
- Manage the work and development of staff members consisting of full time Purchase Ledger Clerk, full time 2 Credit Controllers and one part time Senior Payroll Clerk
- Production of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Bank reconciliations
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly board packs, operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Review and approval of quarterly VAT returns
- Maintenance of the company fixed asset register.
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare Qrt'ly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department's overheads.
- Prepare and overview annual audit for the external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements.
- Review intercompany billings to parent company, including the follow up of payment.
- Assist the Director of Finance in preparing the annual corporate budgets.
- Assist the Operations and Commercial Business Partners
- Take Finance lead role in new ERP system
- Special projects as required.
- Assist in the development of KPIs for the finance department
Payments and Treasury
- Weekly cash flow forecast - create weekly supplier payments list to be reviewed by Financial Controller and MD
- Weekly bank reconciliation of current accounts and review and reconcile fixed funding accounts quarterly.
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Liaise with Finance team to agree month end time table
- Close ledgers following month end
- Prepare monthly payroll journals
- Production of monthly P&L and balance sheet
- Full balance sheet reconciliations
- Full responsibility for Finance, Operations, Distribution cost centres including budgets, forecasts, accruals, prepayments, analysis and commentary
- Provide month end analysis and commentary on key movements vs budget and prior year (rent, rates, distribution, utilities, professional & legal, salaries, bonus)
- Provide support to the Head of Finance & MD as and when required
- Support Finance Team, and take lead responsibility in own area, for evaluating current finance systems / processes and suggesting improvements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the completion of year end accounts and year end audit
- Assist in external grants reporting submissions
The suitable candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with a least 2 years post qualification experience
- Two+ years of experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced applications software expertise (Excel and accounting software).
- Corporate accounting experience, including overheads and payroll.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and get work done
My client is urgently looking to fill this vacancy, if you are interested please apply today.