DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products and services that are used by millions of people in the UK, every day and at key moments in their lives. We are looking for a talented, emerging Supplier Manager to work with us on a once-in-a-generation digital transformation of these services.
DWP Digital is our growing community of digital experts. Using fresh ideas and leading edge technologies - and putting the user at the centre of everything we do - we create innovative, scalable digital solutions that make a difference to the lives of our 22 million users and to our amazing DWP colleagues.Do you have what it takes to be a Supplier Manager?
As an Associate Supplier Manager in DWP Digital, you will support a team of Supplier Managers through a range of activities that fall within the broad and diverse categories - Sourcing, Performance, Risk, Relationships, Finance and Suppliers.Your day to day work will include:
Developing while performing...
- Reporting and analysing commercial and financial information and building reports to communicate with stakeholders
- Supporting your Supplier Management colleagues so that products and information we produce is comprehensive and accurate.
- Collating and organising information to be used in supplier sourcing, performance, relationship management and risk management activities.
- Maintaining approvals and procurement records for audit.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify issues for escalation.
- Support with activity on sourcing systems (SOP and Bravo).
- Proactively offering support to colleagues and communicating information.
- Providing general administrative support to the team.
This is a tremendous opportunity to launch a career is Supplier Management. In DWP you'll work in a massive, complex and fast-faced supplier environment. It's a real fast-track to experience and skill in Supplier Management.
You will be joining a team and a community that is committed to supporting you with your development and career progression.
You'll have opportunities to develop and hone their skills, working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders (from diverse backgrounds in Delivery, Finance, Commercial, Business Management and our Suppliers). You'll produce outputs that inform and influence business decisions.
The Civil Service Commercial/Supplier Management community has introduced a Contract Management training and accreditation framework. Within DWP Digital, all people working in Supplier Management roles will undertake at least the foundation level learning and accreditation.What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a team, build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, Senior Managers and other stakeholders.
- Proactive in taking the initiative and ownership of their work and delivering effective results.
- Analysis and problem solving.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Newcastle: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary of £27,565 a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working, flexi hours and flexi days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Professional development, coaching, mentoring and career progression opportunities.
- Work in an award winning culture and environment
CLICK APPLY for more information and to start your application. If you want to talk about this opportunity before you apply contact me via