Temp - Perm
Working in a Heavy Maintenance Train Depot, working on a temporary - permanent role as a fully qualifed Electrican. Whilst this role requires a fully qualified Electrician, the position requires an open, hands-on approach, as responsibilities will include, but are not limited to basic plumbing, fabric and carpentry and non-technical handyman tasks, hence a willingness to tackle a multitude of non-electrical and menial tasks is essential
- The completion of Planned Preventative Maintenance within skillset, taking ownership of the progression of any remedials identified.
- Ensuring reactive repairs are completed
- Minor installations and maintenance of site Electrical LV Systems.
- The diagnosis and repair of faults on systems and plant including basic mechanical and plumbing system fault finding.
- Ensuring that any difficulties encountered in relation to mechanical or electrical activities are reported to the Facilities Manager
- Completing tasks to highest standards of workmanship and safety
- The requirement for a thorough understanding of company policies, guidelines, and escalation procedures.
- To undertake any reasonable task imposed by the Facilities Manager
- To deputise for the Facilities Manager when they are away from the business.
Aside from the below qualifications and experience required, it is imperative that any candidates put forward have excellent communication skills, are computer literate and solid record keepers, as they will support the Facilities Manager and deputise for her, when she is away from the busines. They should also possess a positive attitude, be self-motivated and be prepared to take ownership:
Qualifications or Required Experience:
- A recognised industry Electrical qualification e.g. City & Guilds (essential)
- Previous experience within a rail maintenance depot (desirable) or heavy plant facility (essential)
- IEE 18th Edition (essential)
- IPAF 3a & 3b (desirable)
- Health & Safety Awareness (essential) with an IOSH qualification (desirable)
- Legionella Awareness (essential)
- Proficient in use of IT software Word / Excel etc (essential)
- Mechanical qualification / experience, inclusive of Pressure Systems (desirable)
Working hours are Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30, with flexibility as required operationally.
Please call Emma on