Our client, an up and coming manufacturer with a rapidly expanding order book, seeks to appoint a Production Engineer. The appointed Production Engineer will have completed a mechanical focused engineering qualification or worked in an electro-mechanical engineering focused manufacturing facility, understand project management and capex, have good knowledge of 3D CAD and be capable of designing jigs and fixtures and BOMs without supervision, and be well versed in lean and continuous improvement.
On offer is the opportunity to work for one of the UKs fast growing manufacturers. A varied role this opportunity would suit a multi-faceted engineer currently working as a Process Engineer, Production Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer looking for a step up in their career.
Production Engineer - Role and Responsibilities - Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineer / Lean / Continuous Improvement
- Identify and implement improvement projects to reduce cost whilst increasing output
- Review and make improvements to standard processes and operating procedures. Specific focus on spotting bottle necks in production lines, reducing process times, and eliminating scrap material / waste
- Excellent understanding of lean and continuous improvement activities
- Evaluate suggested CAPEX projects and take the lead on equipment purchasing and factory layout
- CAD design where required
Production Engineer - Skills and Abilities - Manufacturing Engineer / Process Engineer / Lean / Continuous Improvement
- Degree / HND qualified in mechanical engineering preferred
- Competent all-rounder with knowledge of design, maintenance, supply chain, projects and production / process engineering
- Previous experience of process improvement methodologies and at least two years' experience in a Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer style role
- Excellent lean and continuous improvement knowledge
- Experienced with CAD design
Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Mechanical
If this role could appeal please do apply now!