We have an exciting new opportunity for a Foodservice Manager within our Retail Foodservice department who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their role whilst offering excellent service and standards to our customers. You will manage effectively and drive the retail sales & net profit development, of the multipoint foodservice departments, in an urban retail environment. Implementing a vibrant food and beverage offer in collaboration with the Proposition and Marketing teams. Enabled by a motivated and excellent team, delivering an outstanding customer experience underpinned by exceptional compliance to health & food safety standards.
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 60th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.Key accountabilities:
Key knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required:
- To lead and support the foodservice team to provide outstanding customer experience
- To drive sales, by:
- Implementation of the foodservice strategic programme
- Delivering excellent product quality and standards of presentation
- Working in collaboration with Proposition colleagues to develop product ranges to exploit market trends and seasonal opportunities
- Working in collaboration with Marketing colleagues to develop programmes to capture sales across all channels
- To optimise net profit through effective control of costs
- To achieve and maintain level 5 food hygiene rating, by:
- Implementing and complying with food safety management systems
- Producing a maintaining a well-trained team
What's in it for you?
- High level of commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse business reports and financial information and work proactively to maximise profitability
- High level of leadership and experience in leading teams
- Experience in production of high quality and high-volume food
- Ability to develop new products to a specification
- Excellent communication skills and experience in delivering to all levels
- High level knowledge of food safety management
- Ability to cater for all day parts (breakfast / lunch / evening)
- Develop your Management skills and capability in a highly supportive and multi-diverse culture
- Outstanding Training & Development
- Gain hands-on experience in a high volume, fast paced convenience store company
- Excellent benefits package.
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Very Competitive (depending on experience) plus the opportunity to earn bonus
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
You may have experience of the following: Foodservice Manager, Production Manager, Programme Manager, Product Manager, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Retail, etc.