Legal Float Secretary required for our Colchester based legal client. To be considered for the role of Legal Float Secretary you will have previous experience working as a Legal Secretary, where your legal secretary experience has been within different departments ideally supporting both commercial and private clients. As Legal Float Secretary you will possess proficient people skills, have a smart appearance and have a flexible approach. In your role you will manage and maintain positive relationships with both colleagues and clients.
- Prepare correspondence and complex legal documents.
- Work will mostly be audio typing from digital dictation, but this will depend upon the team that you are working with.
- Regular contact with clients and intermediaries.
- Manage the diaries of busy members of the team, make appointments and ensure that team members are in the right place at the right time
- Supporting fee earners with the preparation of bills if required.
- Provide cover for the Receptionist as and when required due to absence
- Assisting clients both over the phone and at the office and other tasks as required
- Have previous experience working as a Legal Secretary, ideally with experience of supporting both Commercial and Private Clients
- Have a willingness and capability to serve client needs and handle client relations at the highest level
- Experience of case management systems would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Must possess good Audio typing skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile for your colleagues and clients
- Display a helpful and can-do attitude
- Hold the respect and confidence of your colleagues and clients
- Very well organised and able to prioritise
- Have excellent attention to detail
Benefits to you
- Salary is £20,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience and ability.
- 30 days Annual Leave per annum (including Bank Holidays) and an additional 3 days Annual Leave for the Christmas Closure
- A private health benefits scheme after qualifying period of 12 months in our employment
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme after qualifying period of 3 months in our employment
- Lovely working environment
If you have not heard back from us within 10 days your application has unsuccessful.