About the Role
As we continue to develop our award winning mortgage proposition we are recruiting for a Team Lead.
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of tasks and have key responsibilities that include:
- To deliver a high standard of support to the Mortgage Lending Operations Manager and Underwriter reports with clear direction, demonstrated by effective performance and people management
- To regularly review tasks and efficiency levels, in relation to individual and group performance, interpret and take appropriate action to maximise efficiency
- To ensure colleagues are motivated, trained and developed to achieve their full potential
- To hold a personal lending mandate and provide clear decisions in line with Mortgage Lending policy and mandate frameworks
- To work alongside other Managers in the effective management of the day to day running of the department
This is family leave cover and we are open to consideration for applications from candidates looking to work 30 to 35 hours per week, between 9am to 5pm, Mon - Fri.
We are looking for people to join our Lending Team who are enthusiastic, team players and driven to provide an exceptional level of customer service. Candidates who are looking to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Ability to Performance manage
- Ability to make risk based decisions and general risk management
- Ability to prioritise especially surrounding workloads
- Experience of managing a team.
- Proactive input into department strategy
This role offers long term career opportunities for interested colleagues and the chance to join an award winning team now recognised for delivering an excellent level of customer
For full details please see attached role profile.
Mortgage Operations is responsible for managing our residential mortgage assets from initial enquiry through to redemption or where customers find themselves in financial difficulty. We are committed to delivering excellent service to all of our customers wherever they are in the mortgage life cycle.
Our dedication to service excellence for customers and intermediaries has grown into a multi award winning proposition. In 2020 we won Best Regional Building Society at the What Mortgage Awards for the 4th consecutive year running and our Net Promotor Score (NPS) from intermediaries and customers is also regularly over 75.
Our Mortgage Service Centre Lending Team is responsible for underwriting the Society's prime residential mortgage applications including buy to let that are sourced by the Society's Mortgage Advisers and Mortgage Brokers, seeing the application through to completion.
As well as receiving a competitive annual salary our colleague benefits package also includes;
The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues and candidates during this challenging time is paramount. With this in mind, we have refreshed our approach to recruitment and have outlined a new process of remote selection and on boarding. Upon starting a new role with us, we will ensure you are equipped with the correct tools and technologies to enable you to do your best work remotely. Longer-term, our focus remains on driving a culture of flexibility and encouraging colleagues to maintain a healthy work/life balance through flexible working arrangements.
- A minimum of 25 days holiday per annum which rises with length of service up to 30 days per annum + bank holidays
- Corporate pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Corporate bonus scheme
- Buying holidays policy
- Staff offers and access to staff association offering discounts for local trips, events & services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Working from home supplement upon joining and monthly allowance thereafter