Bennett and Game are currently recruiting for a Town Planner to join one of the UKs leading house builders based in Bury St Edmunds. This positon has come about due to the continued growth of the company as the successful candidate will be reporting to the Planning Manager / Technical Director.
It is required that the successful individual will have relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer or with a Consultancy. This role would suit a self-motivated and ambitious individual who are eager to work within a fast-paced commercial environment. Due to the nature of the job you will need to be local to Bury St Edmunds and have a full driving license.
Our client's Planners undertake the majority of the project work in-house including writing Local Plan representations and supporting planning applications. They have a long history of developing careers and promoting their Planners to senior positions within the business, so the individual should be keen to build their career with our client's team.Town Planner Position Overview
Town Planner Position Requirements
- Planner / senior planner based within the technical department
- Responsibility for, and manage projects from identifying new development opportunities
- Planners undertake the majority of the project work in-house including writing Local Plan representations and supporting planning applications
- Reporting to the Planning Manager/ Technical Director on day to basis
Town Planner Position Remuneration
- Degree and be RTPI qualified or working towards qualification.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Project Management
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft word, excel, outlook etc.
- Relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer or with a Consultancy.
- £40,000-45,000 (D.O.E) + Package
- 5 weeks' annual leave available
- Company pension scheme and private healthcare (optional)
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.