To be a key contact for reporting under US GAAP, local GAAP, NAV and FIL's internal accounting policies for the real estate portfolio.
- Managing and reviewing the month end management accounts process, both in-house and with out-sourced providers.
- Ensuring day-to-day finance tasks are undertaken in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Production of accounting/position papers reviewing both local and US GAAP.
- Ensuring compliance with FIL Group accounting policies and procedures
- Produce/review monthly and quarterly consolidations
- Ensuring a smooth year end process, especially the external audit relationship including production and review of financial statements under various GAAPs and supporting audit files.
- Working with Pembroke Real Estate, our real estate advisor to ensure transactions are understood and correctly recorded
- Liaising with internal/external tax teams to ensure tax compliance.
- Liaising with other finance functions within FIL to ensure that the financial reporting requirements of the property finance team are completed appropriately.
- Liaising with key stakeholders, other members of the finance team, advisors, external accounting service providers and external property managers.
- Ad hoc project work.
Qualification and Experience:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills used to dealing with all levels of seniority.
- Persuasive, succeeding through influence and good judgement.
- Good planning, prioritisation, problem solving and organisational skills; good experience of anticipating needs and communicating continuously, taking care of details, keeping stakeholders well informed of status/progress.
- A resilient questioning approach; ability to spot, investigate and explain irregularities.
- Self-motivated, with strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA, CPA or other non-UK equivalent).
- Property finance experience.
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and controls
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills essential