This fantastic opportunity would suit an ambitious CIMA / ACCA part qualified or qualified accountant looking to take responsibility for the day to day activity of an accounts department in an SME. Under the guidance of an experienced Finance Director this Finance Manager position offers excellent development potential as the FD is looking to support and train the right candidate to become the Financial Controller in due course. This will allow the board to concentrate on strategic growth within the fast moving technology sector in which they operate. To be successful in this role you must be confident, able to operate in a dynamic environment and willing to challenge and question current methods in order to find better ways of doing things.
The Finance Manager role will be responsible for:
- Preparation of timely and accurate management accounts
- Trend analysis and reporting on sales and profitability
- Cash and Profit forecasting
- Controlling project costs
- Developing suitable KPI metrics
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances
- Preparation of VAT returns and HMRC liaison
- Design and maintenance of internal controls
- Balance sheet reconciliation, accruals and prepayments.
- Overseeing transactions, processing and banking
- Liaising with auditors and other external advisors
Strong communication skills will be essential as you will be working with people at all levels in the business and you should have a flexible approach to take on board responsibility and additional duties to support group objectives. Although some experience in Management / Financial Accountant position is necessary my client is looking for someone who can display a willingness to learn and the right attitude rather than an exact match to their requirements. If you are looking for rapid career progression and a challenging new accountancy role then please apply now to this Finance Manager position.