Residential Conveyancing Paralegal Woking, Surrey From £21,000 + DOE
A well-established, boutique firm in the Surrey area seeking an ambitious and motivated Paralegal to join their busy Property team.
They are looking to recruit an individual to provide support and assist the conveyancing team on buying and selling houses and flats, purchasing property for investment, protection of investments, re-mortgaging, transfers of property title new builds . Duties will include land registry applications, collating documents, chasing replies and instructions, and preparing title packs.
For the right candidate, there will be a training contract on offer, subject to a successful period of employment and internal interviews/reviews.Key Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Assisting fee earners with residential property matters to include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, shared equity/shared ownership, new homes and part exchange.
- As appropriate, running a small caseload of matters independently.
- Working directly with clients and partners to ensure a seamless service.
- Assisting heavily with post exchange aspects of purchase and sale transactions and seeing them through to completion.
- Assisting with all aspects of post completion matters including title registration and SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns.
- The candidate should have working experience in assisting/handling residential conveyancing matters with at least 12 months experience.
- You should have completed the LPC or be in the process of studying this.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Capable of taking direction from senior members of the team and implementing appropriately.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent file management skills and able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable; capable of meeting financial targets.
- A personable and confident manner.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills.