Merton - Science
Are you a Secondary Science Teacher looking for a Permanent Science post in Merton next year?
Tradewind Recruitment are currently looking for a dynamic, ambitious and dedicated teacher of Secondary Science to join an oversubscribed, boy's school in Merton London.
Salary: Inner London Pay Spine Proposed
Start Date: September 2021
Our client is a very successful, oversubscribed comprehensive school located in the borough of Merton.
As a growing school they can offer regular opportunities for professional development and career progression within the school.
In their last inspection, Ofsted rated the school as "outstanding". They have also been acknowledged as one of the top 100 non-selective State funded schools in England based on the progress students make between KS2 and KS4.
If you have a commitment to achieving high standards and would like to join our dynamic Science Department then we look forward to receiving your application!
They are looking for:
- An enthusiastic teacher at any stage of their career who has a genuine passion for Science; and in particular Physics or Chemistry.
- A fully qualified Science teacher (KS3-4) who enjoys working as part of a highly effective team.
- Someone available to start in September 2021 (with a possible handover in July)
Note: A-Level teaching opportunities along with a TLR may be available to the right candidate.
This is a full time, long-term role replacing a permanent teacher and the salary will be to scale (or above + possible TLR) dependant on your experience and suitability.
As a Science teacher, you will have the support of a cohesive and committed team of teachers who work collaboratively to maintain high standards and expectations, plus:
- New, well equipped Science labs, interactive white boards and access to new technologies.
- A comprehensive induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Every teacher will get their own new laptop to help plan, prepare and deliver 'outstanding' lessons.
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
To join us and be successful in this Science Teacher role, you will need to:
- Hold QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Have a CV that covers the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- Have the legal right to work in the UK.
Please apply now to be considered for this excellent position as a full time Science teacher in Merton, SW London. For more information about the role, please contact the Secondary team on /
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer