An exceptional opportunity to join a thriving Central London university, working within a busy faculty and providing financial advice and decision-making support to senior stakeholders. Taking responsibility for the co-ordination of financial reporting, planning, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and control for the Faculty.
You will be responsible for the following key requirements:
- Working closely with leadership, Heads of Department and College Central Functions, to provide a professional finance service.
- In collaboration with the Management Accountant, developing high quality management reporting aligned to the Business School 10-year planning model and College reporting requirements.
- Assisting in the preparation and coordination of Departmental plans and budgets.
- Assisting in identifying new opportunities to improve financial performance, including the development and presentation of business plans and financial models on behalf of staff within the Faculty.
- Recommending and implementing where appropriate financial process and data management improvements
- Acting as an ambassador for the faculty, deputising for your director as appropriate
- Preparation and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators to provide early signals of opportunities and threats.
- Overseeing improvement of financial coding within the Faculty with a view to providing transparency, accountability and ownership of financial performance within budgetary constraints
- Providing budget holders with appropriate ad-hoc or additional financial management information and advice, ensuring that budget holders are aware of their financial responsibilities in respect of budget control, financial regulations and procedures
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of new legislation, statutory guidance, sector and policy developments on issues relating to finance and research.
- Providing leadership and coaching support to other members of the finance team.
- Coordinating the Faculty response to year end and interim statutory audits.
To be successful in securing this role, you'll need to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Of graduate calibre and fully qualified CIMA/ACCA or equivalent
- Strong experience in management accounting and in liaising with senior stakeholders to develop financial plans and monitor financial performance
- A detailed understanding of financial management, control and administration within a large organization
- Strong understanding of the wider financial environment of the College and Higher Education
- Able to effectively translate accounting knowledge and theory to working practices
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft (Excel, Powerpoint and Word) and finance systems (preferably Oracle and Essbase)
- Proactive, solution-focused approach to financial management
- Work effectively under pressure to provide timely advice of a professional quality within short timelines
- Confident and effective communicator (in verbal and written form), with an ability to develop professional relationships with colleagues at all levels within the organisation