Role: Team LeaderLocation: Homebased covering Central England and Home CountiesSalary: £26,000 - £32,500Contract: PermanentThe Role:
This role is working on a DWP Work and Health Programme - Job Entry: Targeted Support (WHP/JETS). As a WHP JETS Team Leader you will be responsible for managing and supporting the WHP JETS Employment Advisor Teams.
The WHP JETS Team Leader role is integral to the success of our employment programmes, ensuring staff integrate in multi-disciplinary teams and work together to provide regular, high quality support to participants. The role requires an engaging, empathetic and motivating individual, with the ability to support staff to achieve day-to-day performance. The Team Leader will develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and ensure the effective management of staff caseloads.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Regional Delivery Manager in the day to day management and support of the teams including conducting regular one to one reviews, measuring KPI's, motivating, driving performance, addressing any underperformance and supporting staff development where required.
- Assist in the development of effective team based activities to meet the needs of the caseload and targets through KPI's, customer feedback and localised delivery plans.
- Provide effective coaching and mentoring to all team members to ensure that they are fully supported in all aspects of their role and that all learning and development needs are addressed.
- Establish and maintain effective working partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure the effective management of programme.
- Manage sickness absence effectively and robustly, ensuring you are the point of contact for all sickness absence within the teams and that return to work interviews, occupational health referrals, and (where necessary) disciplinary action is carried out in line with policy and procedure.
- Assist the Regional Delivery Manager with the recruitment of new team members and ensure the effective induction of all new recruits into the team, coaching and mentoring them, and providing one to one support and development.
- Complete caseload reviews on a monthly basis with each team member to ensure all participants are progressing towards employment in a timely manner, agreeing remedial action as required.
- Run weekly case conferencing meetings with your teams to ensure that participants are being adequately supported, allowing the sharing of ideas and best practice to progress participants towards employment.
- Carry out observations / monitoring on a regular basis to review individual performance, identifying and addressing any development needs, ensuring compliance is being adhered to and quality standards are being met.
- Maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of the benefit system and entitlements, local labour market, training opportunities and relevant support agencies.
- Demonstrable experience in successfully managing target driven services and teams within a high performance culture
- Proven experience of the operational management of participant / customer facing services and contracts
- A strong track record of establishing and maintaining productive relationships with partners and stakeholders
- Experience of working with individuals in relation to employment, demonstrating active listening skills to quickly build rapport
- Awareness of financial management including monitoring elements of P&L, budgets, etc
- Experience of supporting, motivating and engaging others
- Experience in coaching and leading a team to drive success in a challenging and target driven environment
- Experience of effective performance management
- Knowledge of the local and regional labour market
- Flexibility to cope with the varying demands of the role, managing time effectively to achieve the desired results and willing to travel with possible overnight stays
- Comfortable working remotely using a range of digital channel including phone, video conferencing, instant messaging and email
- Good administration, IT and organisational skills with good experience of using MS office software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills