Assistant Accountant required for a 12 month fixed term contract working for a large reputable business based in Telford. You will be required to apply your commercial and financial knowledge to assist the Finance Manager and relevant stakeholders (both internally and externally) in all aspects of financial responsibility.Duties will include;
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Reconciliations, escalating and resolving queries as required
- Develop effective relationships with internal and cross functional contacts
- Assist with the preparation of management information
- Design and support the smooth running of financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting and group submissions).
- Support continuous end to end improvement
- Complete detailed financial analysis and investigating discrepencies
We are looking for a commercially-focused candidate with at least 5 years' experience in a finance department (or relevant qualification) ideally from a regulatory environment who has experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes. You must have General Ledger knowledge including journal preparation and posting with excellent communication, organisation and analytical skills.
This business offer market-leading company benefits and opportunities for longer term roles and progression for the perfect candidates. You will be working remotely initially with a view to a gradual phase back to office working with flexibility in line with government guidelines.