Scotland (Stirling) & North East England.
£45K + Car Allowance.
Our client provides moving, handling and bathing products for a variety of client needs, with
cost-effective solutions for all needs. They are looking for a Regional Operations Manager / Regional Manager / Area Manager / Area Operations Manager to join the company - Immediate start.
You will be responsible for the management of a regional team of installation, service/repair, trainee and senior engineers. Working with the back-office scheduling teams to ensure a planned approach to target achievement by reviewing workload against area engineering resource, skill set and availability.
Essential duties will include:
• Devise and implement cost reduction and performance improvement strategies via the management of area P&L accounts
• Devising and assigning objectives to the Technical Support Coach ensuring that daily workload is delivered
• Acting as the first point of reference for customer complaints that relate to the engineering workforce, utilising the Technical Support Coach to investigate/resolve where appropriate
• Ensure that the engineering workforce operate to contractual service requirements and company agreements, policies, competency and standards frameworks to facilitate optimum team operation and efficiency through effective allocation and distribution of resources including tools, PDA, vehicles, uniforms, ID cards and any other engineering associated equipment
• Organise the Engineer on-call 24/7/365 standby and call-out rotas for the Region
• Identify training needs and plan/drive reactive training within budgeted availability percentage through the Senior Engineer, ensuring that the Skills Matrix is managed and updated in line with completed training programmes
• Regularly communicate to the infield engineering workforce ensuring that they feel part of the overall business and are at all times up to date with business changes, future plans and have a full understanding as to how their performance within their role contributes to the overall success of the business
• Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills
• Coaching style management approach
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees including executives, technical and our production workforce.
• Hands on, "can do" approach with willingness to work in production to understand the true issues and identify root causes of problems.
• Impeccable attention to detail and forward-thinking.
• Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Integrity, initiative and focus.
• Proactive, with good problem-solving skills, able to make decisions independently.
• Exceptional customer service - both internally & externally.
• Team player but able to work independently.
• Flexible approach to work and working hours.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Anticipate what information is required by their colleagues and to disseminate it actively and efficiently.
• Enjoys working within multidisciplinary teams in the development of leading edge designs and technologies.
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own work with minimal supervision.
• Willing to listen and take advice from others.
• Shows initiative and has ability to think for self.
Education & Experience:
• Proven track record in the successful management of an infield engineering workforce
• An experienced infield engineer of 3+ years
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.