MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
CONSUMER AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT (PWM)
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Consumer and Wealth Management Division (CWM) - (Digital Invest Operations - Fraud Strategy Associate)
The Consumer and Wealth Management Division includes Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CWM partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
We are seeking an operations professional to join the Digital Invest Operations team in the Consumer and Wealth Management Division. The team manages fraud prevention and middle-office operations activities across our digital investment platform.
This role will support the implementation and management of fraud prevention activities for our digital investment platform and work closely with Technology, Compliance and Product teams and with external custodians. This role will require the candidate to have a good understanding of operational and fraud risks and keep up-to-date with new approaches for managing risks through the application of technology, processes, and people. You will also have the opportunity to be innovative by leading the development of new fraud prevention capabilities and improving processes to reduce risks or increase efficiency.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
• Assist in the development and implementation of detection and prevention strategies that help mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between financial risk and customer impact.
• Work independently or partner with other teams to design, develop and implement both reoccurring and ad hoc reports and metrics to support fraud function and reduce risk.
• Undertake daily/weekly/monthly analytics of application and transactional activities to identify unusual activities. Interpret results of analyses, identify trends and issues, and recommend alternatives to support business objectives.
• Recommend and introduce fresh thinking, new tools, and state of the art technology used for fraud detection, prevention and reporting activities.
• Provide regular analysis of metrics and analytical tools employed to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the business.
• Support the Head of Fraud for the business in identifying and developing process enhancements to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities.
• Support the monthly reporting process on activities undertaken within Fraud operations
• Assist in documenting procedures and recommend follow-up actions.
• Build strong relationships with both internal and external partners and cooperation in the investigations we undertake.
• Identify and secure additional opportunities with vendors.
• Work closely with other teams across the business to ensure new products and services include fraud mitigation strategies.
• Experience in an operational or risk prevention role in financial services or related industries
• Proven understanding and knowledge in Fraud Analytics, Consumer Compliance or Internal Audit
• Ability to analyze patterns and trends and communicate findings in an effective manner
• Background in statistics or experience applying statistical analysis is a plus
• Excellent business analytical skills
• Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Law, Economics, Engineering, or related degrees.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity