MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
CONSUMER AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT (PWM)
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Consumer and Wealth Management Division (CWM) - (Operations Middle Office)
The Consumer and Wealth Management Division includes Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CWM partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
We are seeking an operations professional to join the Digital Invest Operations team in the Consumer and Wealth Management Division. The team manages fraud prevention and middle-office operations activities our digital investment platform.
This role will support the implementation and management of middle-office operations activities for our digital investment platform and work closely with Technology, Compliance and Product teams and with external custodians. This role will require the candidate to have a good understanding of operational risks and keep up-to-date with new approaches for managing risks through the application of technology, processes, and people. You will also have the opportunity to be innovative by leading the development of new capabilities and improving processes to reduce risks or increase efficiency.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
• Support the day-to-day operational exception process for middle office
• Determine action required based on established procedures and escalate more complex issues
• Daily account management and reconciliation process with internal systems and custodians
• Manage fee / billing processing and perform appropriate oversight of these processes
• Maintain integrity of customer accounts
• Support activities related to the inflow and outflow of transfers
• Work independently or partner with other teams to design, develop and implement reports and metrics to support daily functions and reduce risk.
• Communicate, in a professional manner, with client service team, external parties, and other teams to resolve issues or request additional information or documentation
• Conduct analysis utilizing vendor and internal resources to resolve any control issues
• Experience in an operational role in financial services or related industries
• Ability to analyze patterns and trends and communicate findings in an effective manner
• Experience with trade flows, operational functions and controls
• Knowledge associated with the Securities industry and broker-dealer operations desired
• Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Law, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related degrees.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity