MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ABOUT MARQUEE The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions allowing access to the firm's content, data, analytics, risk and execution services. These solutions transform client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating new businesses that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients. Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists collaborate to drive innovation in digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who thrive on tackling fresh challenges and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance from the center of global markets.
Marquee product designers have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision, understanding and communicating user needs, and working with teams across the firm to prototype and build new digital experiences. We are looking for a product designer who enjoys translating complex user needs into intuitive, simple and impactful products. This product designer will partner with product managers, engineers and our stakeholders on key initiatives for our clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT THE ROLE The Marquee Execution team is responsible for our comprehensive range of cross asset trading tools and order management capabilities. In this role you will be working with product managers, engineers and other members of the product design team to create a seamless trading experience for our clients. You will be a responsible for understanding the end user goals and designing the key workflows and polished user facing screens that deliver a consistent experience across multiple channels including desktop, web and mobile. Marquee Execution is a key revenue driver, and the success of our trading capabilities is integral to the success of the whole platform, so your work will be highly visible and have tremendous impact.
- Collaborate effectively with product and engineering teams to enhance and create new concepts for different authoring workflows and the content consumption experience.
- Participate in strategy meetings in collaboration with product management, product design, engineering and editorial.
- Own design projects from beginning to end, including discovery, concept, detailed design and implementation, facilitating progress at each stage.
- Building and maintaining a consistent, branded presence across all created content and media.
- Designing, producing and managing engaging interactive content, including email templates and promotional artwork that meet usability, web and mobile standards.
- Develop strategy, approach and timelines for design projects in collaboration with product management and engineering.
- Participate in user research studies to iteratively gain insights that guide design decisions.
- Analyze and visualize user journeys, flows, processes and relationships.
- Adopt and adapt the Marquee design system using system- and platform-thinking to create new design patterns that fit holistically into the larger product and branding ecosystem.
- 5+ years industry experience in visual and product design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates experience in designing and shipping large-scale product releases.
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and how they apply across web, desktop and mobile.
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment.
- Team player: Comfortable collaborating with fellow designers to deliver the best outcome.
- Strong understanding of the product design process.
- Ability to apply and facilitate iterative discovery, design thinking and co-creation methodologies.
- Ability to understand, balance and solve for both business and user needs.
- Understanding of web and mobile standards, capabilities and best practices.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite and design systems.
- Strong design leadership skills: Capable of advocating for quality design while also acknowledging the constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Design, or a related field.
- Motion graphics and animation experience is huge plus as we expand our multimedia offerings.
- Experience with working in agile development environments, ideally in-house within an integrated product, engineering and design team.
- Experience with user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing.
- A passion for technology and a keen interest in financial markets, trading and math.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance.
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Benefit from ongoing training, development and mentoring to advance in your career.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity