First Derivatives, is currently seeking experienced Mid level and Senior Calypso Developers /Technical Analysts to join our Global Capital Markets Consulting Business
Calypso is a cloud enabled, large-scale software product providing cross-asset solutions for trading, risk management, accounting and back office processing.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work as part of a global practice (EMEA, North America, South Africa and APAC) on projects including Greenfield Calypso Implementations & Calypso v16 Upgrades.
Successful consultants will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of Calypso experience
- Must have at least 2 years of development experience in Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Demonstrable experience of working across the full SDLC
- Previous Capital Markets experience (preferably cross asset product knowledge)
- Ability to design, develop and implement new features and modules in Calypso, as well as the ability to improve existing ones.
- Experienced in writing both unit and integration tests
- Excellent object-oriented analysis, design & development skills
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse and SVN
- Ability to liaise with testing team and manage the testing lifecycle including defect management
- Experience working on upgrades and implementations would be advantageous, along with any exposure to Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Strong academic background in business, finance, engineering, mathematics, science or technology