Teaching Assistant - SEN 1:1 Basis
Are you confident in working with children with cerebral palsy, moderate learning difficulties (MLD), specific learning difficulties (SpLD), or other SEN barriers?
We are currently looking to expand our current cohort of experienced 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistants for day-to-day, short term, and long-term support and assistance within our partnership primary schools located in Hull.
For this particular role, you will work with primary aged pupils. Your day will be varied; supporting children with SEN requirements and physical needs in the classroom, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You will take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You will work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed.
* Assisting with preparing lesson plans
* To be the first point of call for the teacher
* Personal care (as and when required)
* Manual handling pupils (as and when required)
* Preparing exciting and interactive activities
* Ensuring the classroom is safe and tidy at all time
* Adhering to all school policies
* To be vigilant at all times and ensure safeguarding
To be successful within this the 1:1 Teaching Assistant role you must ideally have 6+ months of experience working within an SEN environment including being extremely flexible in terms of working days and hours. You will also have an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one.