This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and growing property finance team. You will gain exposure to an entire deal process; origination, loan underwriting, client and asset analysis and due diligence, cash-flow modelling, preparing credit packs and managing part of the loan portfolio.
Main duties include:
- Preperation and presentation of credit proposals.
- The independent financial analysis of all credit proposals, requiring assessment, and comment to the relevant parties.
- Visiting clients where this relates to credit issues, including visits to customers to assess accounts, properties, tenancies etc.
- KYC / AML on-boarding of new clients.
- Analysis of debt finance opportunities.
- Use and understanding of financial models to underwrite deals and to monitor ongoing facility performance.
- Efficient deal execution and post execution management including responsibility for regular drawdowns and portfolio analysis work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience (2+ years) in an established Real Estate Finance (REF) team at a major bank or similar.
- Good working knowledge of REF lending principles, property evaluation and analysis.
- Skilled use of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel.
- Advanced financial modelling is a key requirement.
- Demonstrable understanding of property lending fundamentals.
- Good understanding of REF credit risk.
- Ability to produce accurate, concise credit papers to senior management for review and approval.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
For more information on this role and our client please send across an up to date CV.