Our retained client is looking for a talented Commercial Lawyer. The Lawyer will look after our client's legal transactions and agreements including partnerships, collaborations, licensing and IP matters. The role's principal goals will be to implement, manage and guarantee that all their Company transactions comply with relevant laws and regulations, while actively helping the Company control legal risks and potential conflicts.Client Details
Our client is a young but already successful Cambridge start-up built on ground-breaking advancements in their space. It's a hugely exciting client for Michael Page to be partnered with. Our client has a vibrant culture and an aligned and clear company vision. Description
- Legal contact for the Company, dealing with in house queries and managing and liaising with external legal teams.
- Draft, provide, review and negotiate contracts and agreements on behalf and for the Company, from simple NDA's through to full partner deals.
- Work with other departments to advise on all legal aspects of commercial negotiations including alliance agreements, contracts and licensing deals.
- Support the IP Manager and Executive Team on legal matters regarding intellectual property.
- Examine and control the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Protect the Company against legal risks and potential violations.
- Design and oversee the Company's policy and position on legal matters.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Guide management on legal regulatory and compliance issues.
- Advise on contractual claims and disputes.
- Company liaison with external corporate lawyers during funding raising rounds.
- 2-5 years post-qualification experience in commercial law, working in a law firm or in-house team.
- Superb oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain legal concepts to non-attorneys on a regular basis.
- Excellent legal understanding of commercial law of England and Wales.
- Experience of working with and managing external lawyers.
- Must be proactive, organised, detail oriented and demonstrate accuracy and consistency.
- Able to manage complex projects, formulate processes and systems, meet deadlines, prioritise workload and make timely decisions.
- Experience of planning and managing spend to a budget.
Start-up experience would be highly desirable.
This person will need to be able to work in an environment of inclusivity and shared goals. The role is 4-5 days in the office per week. This is to ensure that the Legal Lead is significantly integrated into the business and is familiar with all operations in the laboratory and therefore close to the science. Please do not apply if you cannot acheive this level of office attendance. Job Offer
A salary of £65-85.000 dependent on experience in sector, business size and years PQ.
Share options plus various other benefits are available. Breakfast is provided in the office free of charge.
The role has significant scope to progress and become an international/global Head of Legal and further, a Legal Director.