Allocator - Books (FTC 9-12 Months)
Greenbridge Road, Swindon
Salary upto 21k
Careful distribution, planning and merchandising keeps our stores well stocked and looking great! It's no mean feat. It takes a lot of innovation, creative thinking and problem solving, as challenges arise all the time. New ideas are welcomed - and you'll see results quickly. If you're constructive, resilient and commercial and able to see the bigger picture, you'll soon find your feet in this varied, fast-moving department.
We are currently recruiting for a Distributor to join our High Street Head Office in Swindon. The main purpose of the role is to allocate the right stock, to the right location, in a timely manner within agreed timescales and budget.
What you'll be doing:
* Purchase order management & tracking
* Ensure purchase orders are raised within budget constraints
* Deliver Store and Distribution Centre availability targets and service levels by stock category
* Monitor availability by stock category
* Set up and manage replenishment methods and supply chain for the Distribution Centre and Stores
* Execute stock exit plans
* Liase and communicate regularly with Suppliers and Distribution Centre's
What we are looking for:
* Previous experience in a similar Retail role will be advantageous.
* A recent Graduate or, relevant experience in a Logistics/Supply Chain role will also be considered
* Understanding of stock replenishment and allocation methods will be beneficial
* Strong communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally and at all levels
* Intermediate Excel skills
* Good analytical skills
* Ability to identify trends, and consider the impact of your actions with regards to costs / stock
* Team player with the ability to work to often tight and conflicting deadlines
Why Join WHSmith?
Whoever joins us always receives excellent training and development opportunities. You can also expect a competitive salary and excellent benefits that includes a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday, store discount card and much more. For customer focus, career focused individuals this all adds up to a unique opportunity.