Reed Nurse are looking for a General Manager - Gastroenterology/Endoscopy to start ASAP on a long term contract for our client based in Essex.
If you have the relevant expertise and experience, please email your CV to
- The post holder's main purpose is to deputise for the Deputy Director of Operations, leading and inspiring the staff within the directorate to deliver an amazing service for patients.
- They are accountable to the Deputy Director of Operations for high quality, effective performance and strategic development of the directorate, the Trust and the wider MSE group.
- They set the tone and behaviours for the directorate as part of the senior and operational management and leadership in their part of the Trust. How they work, how they behave and how they lead has a direct impact on those they lead as well as on the service provided for the patient.
- The General Manager has delegated responsibility for the operational management and leadership of the directorate which includes:
- • Providing day to day managerial leadership
- • Delivery of the directorates required operational requirements, including key performance indicators and relevant national and local standard of performance
- • Business planning, including the development of a directorate five year strategy, annual plans and business cases
- • Financial planning
- • Ensuring systems are in place for the sound governance of the directorate; and
- • Participation in the Trusts Senior Manager On Call (SMOC) rota.
- They are also responsible for working with and supporting other colleagues to deliver their responsibilities and for contributing to the strategic direction of the Trust on behalf of the directorate, and for making sure the relationships to get that done are positive partnerships.