Are you able to lead Retail Credit Risk teams in both a strategic and operational way? Can you guide and nurture colleagues with policy advice? Do you put your customer's best interest at the heart of everything you do? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Retail Credit Risk, you will manage the credit risk of Metro Bank's retail lending portfolios to achieve long term sustainable growth. You will be responsible for defining and maintaining the retail credit risk appetite framework and retail lending policies.
So what would you be doing?...
• Reviewing annually the retail credit risk appetite metrics and associated limits
• Maintaining effective retail credit risk policies and lending standards
• Providing senior management with effective oversight of the retail lending portfolios' trends, risks and mitigates via annual oversight reviews
• Enhancing and developing the monthly portfolio analysis providing effective oversight for the executive leadership and senior management teams
• Exercising effective ownership of the retail credit risk models and support the model development team in the development and maintenance of these models Overseeing the credit risk in development of new customer propositions and products
• Maintaining and developing retail credit risk's target operating model and associated processes and procedures, including driving increased levels automation in credit risk processes to improve customer journeys and efficiency
You need to be this kind of person...
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have extensive experience in retail credit risk management across all products (term, revolving, secured and unsecured)
• You need detailed working knowledge of all parts of the credit lifecycle (originations, underwriting, portfolio management, collections and recoveries)
• You will have experience in driving increased levels of efficiency and automation in credit risk processes
• We need you to be knowledgeable of credit risk models and their development life cycle and knowledge of credit risk impairment forecasting and stress testing approaches
• You will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, to see the bigger picture and understand how decisions impact the rest of the bank
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have a track record of leading a diverse team to develop individuals and achieve results
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet... why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!