THG is one of the world's fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey. About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles - no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.About the Role
- Oversee the month-end process for payroll across multiple entities, countries & P&L lines (Labour Costs, Fulfilment & Cost of Sale).
- Reconciling and bridging variances to forecast.
- Oversee preparation of balance sheets for monthly review with FD.
- Analysing large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- Identifying trends as appropriate.
- Work closely with divisional finance members, communicating any movements to forecasts / management accounts.
- Reporting on ME result, associated capital expenditure and exceptional treatment.
- Analysing salary cap, reviewing projects with internal stakeholders (Fixed Asset team, tech, divisional finance).
- Responsible for ensuring prompt approval of team invoices.
- Ensuring the data in forecasts, P&L's and reporting is accurate and understood.
- Responsible for handling the annual audit process for payroll costs.
- Any other ad-hoc projects / duties required by the finance team & other internal stakeholders.
· Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA).
· Prior knowledge of using excel and finance systems is a must.
· Comfortable with data manipulation and reconciliations.
· Good team player, able to work as part of a team, as well as on their own.
· Good communication skills.
· Has the ability to learn quickly and take proactive approaches to their work.
Self-motivated and driven