PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE
This role-based within Endeavour's London corporate office and reporting to the Director of Tax. With a scope addressing all corporate (Non-Africa) tax compliance and advisory matters.
The main focus of this position will be Tax Compliance and other duties will include Transfer Pricing, Tax optimisation projects and Advisory.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support overall group tax compliance across multiple countries.
- Group tax accounting & working closely with Finance teams in respect of; controlling of tax ledgers, tax reconciliations, tax journals
- Internal and external tax reporting; Current and Deferred tax calculations under IFRS
- Lead annual transfer pricing compliance for the group.
- Prepare tax forecasts & budgets
- Lead and manage annual ESTMA Reporting
- Ensuring compliance with UK based international tax obligations, e.g. CFC regime, (including upcoming BEPS changes and double taxation etc), including substance reporting's for all offshore entities.
- UK PSA and short-term business visitors (STBV) compliance.
- Project manage Corporate entity restructuring projects, including management fee structures and tax shield optimization projects.
- Quarterly tax provision support for the external reporting process.
- Liaison with the controlling, legal and reporting teams to ensure correct treatment of transactions in tax returns and audits, including contract reviews.
- Address employment tax-related matters, including the board of directors' fees of the UK PLC.
- Tax compliance associated with group equity plans.
- Monitoring changes in tax law and analysing the impact on business.
- Developing and monitoring internal controls to manage tax risk and maintaining the UK RACM matrix.
- Supporting M&A activities with necessary due diligence and structuring.
- Support the Co-Heads of Tax in other direct tax matter.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all-inclusive. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Holds a relevant professional qualification such as ACA, CA (Or International equivalent) or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of corporate tax compliance services.
- Minimum 4 years (PQE) of experience preferably experience in a reputable tax advisor firm or multinational organisation.
- Mining industry experience is definitely an assett.
- High-level knowledge of local competencies.
- Working experience with pack office Microsoft; advanced levels working in MS Excel.
- Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual skills and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Reputation for integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Thank you for your interest in the Corporate Tax Manager position. We appreciate you taking the time to apply for this opportunity with us at Endeavour Mining Corporation.