PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this roleAt AQA, we're committed to advancing education and we're committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it's our people who make this happen.Exams Integrity LeadManchesterMaternity Cover - FTC until end of May 2022£44,388 - £51,077 + additional benefits
We are looking for an Exams integrity Lead
to work with the Head of Exams Integrity to manage cases and to investigate and determine, where appropriate, issues affecting the integrity of AQA's examinations and assessments. This includes allegations of student or staff malpractice, appeals arising from reviews of marking/moderation, special consideration and access arrangements decisions, and other queries relating to irregularities in examination assessment outcomes.In this role you'll be:
You will have:
- working autonomously, or with senior colleagues as appropriate, taking decisions on cases or providing the necessary evidence and recommendations to the relevant decision-maker to facilitate the achievement of a fair and reliable outcome that ensures appropriate and consistent decisions and sanctions
- providing proactive information, advice and guidance to colleagues on issues affecting exams integrity
- presenting AQA's case at irregularities, malpractice or other appeals hearings (review of marking/moderation or special consideration/access arrangements).
- working with colleagues within the team and other business areas to ensure that exams integrity activity delivers outcomes that comply with all appropriate internal and external policies and requirements
- communicating decisions to centres and internal stakeholders within agreed time frames
- contributing to the evaluation and monitoring of the requirements for exams integrity services in the organisation
- contributing to a motivated and positive team culture, focussed on service delivery and continuous improvement
- producing regular reports on work in progress and completed for AQA staff, JCQ, Ofqual and other regulators, and responding to information requests from Ofqual or other sources.
- ability to investigate, gather and review evidence and take decisions
- ability to think analytically, understand and synthesise complex, diverse and incomplete information
- ability to produce, gather and interpret complex and sensitive information from a variety of sources to support sound decision-making
- strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- ability to build rapport with a diverse range of stakeholders
- ability and willingness to constructively challenge the thinking of others
- ability to think creatively and solve complex problems
- ability to compile and present findings and recommendations in a variety of formats
- ability to assess risks and recommend actions, taking responsibility for decision-making or escalating as appropriate
- excellent planning and organisational abilities, setting and adhering to deadlines and logging information accurately and in a timely, on-going way.
At AQA we recognise our employees' contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
How to apply
- 25 days' annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 03 May 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
- Zoom video interviews to be held week commencing 10 May 2021.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
As an employer we are moving towards a more agile way of working, including a balance of office working and home working. Recruitment Agencies
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.