Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we're building
We now need an Quality Assurance Team Leader to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Customer Services function, so it can stand out for the experience and service we deliver by building on our service reputation, and delivering market-leading service excellence for our customers and advisers.
• Management of the First Line Quality Assurance Testing Team to confirm process adherence including sampling written and written and verbal communications.
• Ownership of the Quality Assurance Framework and testing plan for Customer Services
• Provide insightful evidenced based feedback to Senior Managers
• Collation and reporting of meaningful Quality MI which highlights root cause and risks across products and entities
What you'll do
• To lead a team of expert Quality Assurance analysts with knowledge of business processes, data protection and risk management to sample process adherence including written and verbal communications across Customer Services.
• To recruit, develop and coach direct reports, ensuring that the team members' performance and capability aligns with the department objectives. In addition, developing all employees as appropriate to ensure successful succession plans are in place.
• Design and maintain a testing framework that will support the identification of risk, process improvement and enhancements to the customer journey including vulnerable customers.
• Design, own and monitor the annual testing plan, reprioritising where risks, process or regulatory changes are identified. Allocating team resources to ensure that activities are completed on time.
• To provide evidence based feedback to senior leaders and managers to enable performance to be managed and areas for risks, process adherence, training and improvement identified.
• To produce meaningful management information relating to quality activities, including root cause analysis, process improvement and identification of training needs.
• Identify and log any risk events and complaints identified whilst undertaking quality testing and feed back to line managers
• Support ad hoc projects/improvement initiatives working both internally and externally as required
Who you are
• Evidence of Team Leadership /people management across a risk and Controls environment
• Demonstrable Risk, Data Protection and Complaints experience in Financial Services
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to produce meaningful reports
• Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong experience in delivering confident and engaging training
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
• Excellent relationship building skills with colleagues at all levels in the business
• Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
• "Can Do", proactive attitude
• Intermediate knowledge and experience of MS Office
• Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 - 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent - essential
• Risk Professional qualifications in Financial Services or studying towards them ie CII or equivalent - Desirable
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences