Job type: Fixed Term Contract
Who we are
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we're building
We now need an Complaints & Quality Manager to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Customer Services function, so it can stand out for the experience and service we deliver by building on our service reputation, and delivering market-leading service excellence for our customers and advisers.
• To support the Head of Performance & Oversight to implement the Future State structure of Performance & Oversight for Customer Services to support across all products and services e.g. Wealth, Insurance
• Accountable for designing and implementing the Complaints and Quality Framework and leading the teams through a significant period of change and engaging key stakeholders
• Supporting the Performance and Oversight teams where required with their transformation to develop a Centre of Excellence for Process, Performance, Risk & Controls, Complaints and Quality Assurance across the first line of defence.
• Being a delegate for the Head of Performance and Oversight where required.
What you'll do
• To lead a team including team leaders, through a significant period of change, to establish & embed robust Complaints and First Line Quality Assurance frameworks across Customer Services. Build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels throughout the company and with external partners as appropriate. Influence, collaborate and engage with stakeholders to embed new processes and ways of working. Collaborate with other functions and programmes to share information and learnings
• To recruit, develop and coach both direct & indirect reports, ensuring that the team leaders and members' performance and capability aligns with the department objectives. In addition, developing all employees as appropriate to ensure successful succession plans are in place.
• To own and take responsibility for the design and roll out the complaints and quality assurance frameworks across customer services that is in line with best practice, regulatory requirements and industry standards.
• To design templates /processes for the production of insightful management information which identifies trends and root cause across complaints and quality that can be reported across legal entity and location to support management and business decisions regarding service delivery and improvement.
• Represent Performance & Oversight on projects/improvement initiatives including simplified
• Platform where technical or risk knowledge is required working both internally and externally as required
Who you are
• Experience of leading a successful Team in a Financial Services or Customer Services
• Demonstrable experience of working in financial services organisations and/or customer service environment which is going through a significant period of change.
• Knowledge and experience of complaint and first line quality assurance procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Professional manner when dealing with complex complaint cases
• Strong communication skills, telephone and written.
• Competent user of technology with strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Sound negotiation skills, when dealing with complex/ financial complaint cases
• Analytical experience and ability to identify trends and root cause and identify solutions.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and provide measured and well-articulated responses
• Ability to coach and feedback effectively to teams and individuals, peers and senior managers
• Ability to take ownership and make decisions
• Minimum 5 A* - C / 9 - 4 Grade GCSEs (including English and Maths) or equivalent - essential
• Degree- Mathematics/Statistics/Business - or a degree that evidences strong numerate capabilities.
• Ideally Risk Professional qualifications in Financial Services or studying towards them i.e. CII or equivalent
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences