We live and breathe food at Premier Foods. And we love how much our consumers treasure our brands. Our much-loved brands include Ambrosia, Bisto, Batchelors, Loyd Grossman, Oxo, Sharwood's, Cadbury Cakes and Mr Kipling and you'll find them in an amazing 95% of British households.Though our brands have a rich heritage, we continue to invest to make sure they stay front of mind and relevant for modern day life. We have more than 4,000 dedicated colleagues, at 14 locations across the country, all sharing the same obsession for our great food.
Job description:Customer Finance ManagerFull time, permanentBased in St AlbansRole purpose
What you'll be doing
- To operate as an effective Business Partner to the Mults
- Provide accurate and timely finance support to the Mults accounts to drive solid, informed and quality business decision making.
- Understand the performance drivers and longer-term issues of the channel and the implications of these for the wider business.
- Integral part of channel team with full attendance and participation at key meetings
- Management of one direct report
- Provide first class financial support to the Grocery Sales Director and 2 Mults Customer Directors influencing behaviours and performance through insights & visibility of key drivers
- Support the creation and delivery of the Channel/Customer strategies using strong financial and commercial acumen.
- Ensure Business Partners understand financial priorities and provide support and coaching to improve their financial / commercial skills.
- Drive margin enhancement initiatives (Product/Customer mix, promo efficiency, ad-hoc projects).
- Challenge JBP's and ensure "SMART" conditional investment.
- Optimise returns on investment through analysis and ensure scenario modelling is presented clearly so decisions are easily made
- Working with PBS and sales to actively monitor and control trade spend within relevant Customers ensuring appropriate levels of promotional accruals are maintained, trade & pricing claims are promptly resolved & full participation on other cash improvement initiatives
- Review of promotional plans with appropriate levels of interrogation and challenge.
- Working alongside CP&E team, provide input to trading strategies within the Channels to shape & consistently improve the efficiency, effectiveness and long-term profitability of the business
Actuals, Budgeting, Forecasting & Strategic Planning
- Own, develop & improve all reporting cycles embedding accuracy and data integrity throughout all processes.
- Review financial performance and ensure significant issues, risks and actions are clearly communicated and there are no surprises.
- Provide insight and in depth understanding of underlying performance, key drivers and trends.
- Lead challenge of Customer forecasts and in close collaboration with the Grocery Customer Director and Mults Customer Directors ensure they are both robust and deliverable with clearly assigned actions to deliver the annual performance targets.
- Develop and monitor Customer action plans to realise opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Development and preparation of 3-year strategic channel & customer sales plans in partnership with the mults team
- Reinforce communication of financial timetables and requirements to ensure all deadlines are achieved
Commercial Proposals & Tenders
- Review and approve all commercial proposals, prior to communication to customer.
- Support the tender and new listing processes.
- Ensure financial risks /opportunities and sensitivities clearly communicated to the appropriate level within the business.
Leadership & Team work
- Line management of a direct report.
- Lead team to challenge and improve the efficiency & effectiveness of existing processes looking to make proposals for improvements for both Sales and Finance functions.
Systems & Controls
What we need from you
- Support the development, roll out and enhancement of Reporting Systems from an end user perspective identifying and driving best in class reporting and analytics using SAP, TPM, BOBJ & Invest
- Ensure the existence of a strong internal control environment with robust accounting controls to deliver accurate and reliable accounting and operational information
What we offer you in return
- Fully qualified accountant - ACMA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Graduate degree or equivalent
- Experience of FMCG or fast paced environment preferred within the Commercial sector
- Ability to challenge and influence as part of a matrix environment.
- Experience of creating & persuasively presenting strategic recommendations essential
- First class analytical skills
- Excellent PC skills - high level of competence in spreadsheet applications
- Experience of SAP/BOBJ is desirable
- Previous line management experience is advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Up to 7.5% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Wide range of online and in-house training
- Access to an employee discount scheme, with access to hundreds of nationwide retailers