: 2nd Line Support TechnicianSalary:
My client is looking for a 2nd Line Support Technician to support the IT infrastructure of their customers and maintain their I.T systems.Duties include:
Disciplines and Experience Required:
- Reply to first line support or end user issues via phone, email or face to face
- Once gaining an understanding of the issue you will resolve the problem step by step with both the first line support staff and end user or escalate to third line support when required
- Constantly develop familiarity with software and hardware technologies used
- Work with the I.T Manager and the support team to address common technical problems and ensure any training or documentation requirements are implemented
- Ensure the ticketing system is up to date
- Log everything both effectively and efficiently
- Retain a customer focused approach
- Experience in configuring and managing backup solutions.
- Experience configuring and managing firewall settings.
- Great knowledge of domain environments including GPO administration, NTFS permissions, security settings, certificate management, advanced DHCP settings, resolving DNS issues.
- Thorough comprehension of AD - Ability to setup AD, make changes, migrate to new servers, diagnose & resolve problems.
- Excellent workplace upkeep/troubleshooting - Capability to deal with any problems arising from supported environment
- Great network understanding - All characteristics of routers, switches, AP's, network protocols, fibre links.
- Good understanding of virtualisation.