We are an award-winning specialist software provider and due to internal promotion and an increased workload, we are seeking an additional Technical Software Support Specialist to join our team based in Farnborough.
Working 9am - 5.30pm Mon to Fri, you will receive a starting salary of up to £25K plus an annual bonus of up to 10% of annual salary (based on company and individual performance), 23 days holiday, a company pension and free parking.
We are a well-established company who are dedicated to the design, development, supply and support of specialised software solutions to small and medium sized corporate clients around England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Reporting into the Head of Customer Support and Delivery, the duties of the Technical Software Support Specialist include:
- Implementing the company product
- Liaising with clients and IT services companies in order to install the product Set.
- Promoting a helpful and professional image to the customer giving full co-operation to any customer requiring attention
- Processing the migration requirements to the highest level
- Gaining access and export data from new client's current systems
- Process customers current system data through our data migration tools
- Analysing and confirm the results following all internal guidelines
- Providing Technical Support to our customers.
- Providing support to Professional Services team members on more technical issues.
- Creation and maintenance of user accounts for internal systems
- Hardware/software configuration for all new and existing employees
- Technical assistance to all internal stakeholders
- Administration and support of business-critical software packages
- Technical advice and guidance to the Sales Team as part of the presale's negotiations
- Assisting Senior Technical support with internal IT projects
- To comply with all statutory legislation
- To carry out any other reasonable task as deemed necessary by your Line Manager
We will consider applicants for the Technical Software Support Specialist role with a minimum of 2 years proven experience within an IT / Technical environment and an IT technical based qualification relevant to the role. A good grasp on migration, networking and configurations are essential. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail, enthusiastic approach, with the ability to take the initiative.
You will be logical, rational, customer focused, patient, and professional, with a can-do attitude. An essential element of the role is having the ability multitask and to demonstrate good cognition, a methodical and numerate approach and be confident dealing with customers.
You will be IT literate, competent with Microsoft 7-10, Office 365, Windows Server 2008-2019, Software Install and Config, with understanding of LANS, WANS, TCP and IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for a trouble shooter looking for their next role. In return we can offer a salary of up to £25K, plus benefits as listed above. Due to the nature of this role and the possibility of potential client visits, a full driving license and vehicle are essential.