There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
Positioned within the commercial team, you will be right in the centre of a fast paced team, working hand in hand with the buying team, building strong relationships with our biggest suppliers and working closely with all other functions across the Dixons Carphone business to build, plan and execute the customer and commercial strategy and develop our business for future growth.
We are market leader in the Computing hardware area, which includes Windows, Chrome & Apple operating systems and also our Android tablet business. There remains a huge opportunity for us to continue to grow in a market which is buoyant through consumer demand, and we are increasingly looking to innovate and differentiate our range and proposition across the area coupled with a thorough understanding of our customers' needs and reasons for purchase. We work closely with the biggest global brands, including Microsoft, Apple, Google and Intel as well as key brands such as HP, Lenovo Dell among others, and the successful applicant will be able to deliver key projects, objectives and propositions which align closely to brand, customer and category objectives
Sitting within the commercial category, this is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a great team in a fast-paced and ever-changing area supporting the three focus areas of customer, supplier and marketing.
Capable and committed colleagues are fundamental to the success of our team. Our ideal candidate will be a team player, organised and self-motivated in order to prioritise their work whilst having strong interpersonal skills to collaborate across multiple functions in our business. We are looking for someone creative, energetic and committed to winning customers for Life.As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of the Category strategy blueprint for the category squad. Combining customer and competitor insight along with financial imperatives to ensure the category squad develops a strategy to both maximise CSAT and EBIT.
- Work with the Central Planning and Brand & Marketing function to develop in line with the annual events calendar the 'Go to market' strategy and plan for the category, supporting all briefs required for its execution.
- Support the squad in landing all major new product launches, merchandising solutions and changes to the customer journey online and in-store.
- Bringing appropriate analytics and insight from the online and customer team to support decision making related to day to day trading, events and promotions and range changes to ensure the category are making relevant data driven decisions and plans
- Good planning, organisational and multitasking skills
- Inter-personal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.