We're Norton Rose Fulbright - a global law firm with over 50 offices and 7,000 employees worldwide.
Our Newcastle Hub is currently recruiting for an EMEA Service Management Manager. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we're looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we're building a culture where difference is valued.
Our office is based right next to the Tyne Bridge and within striking distance of the City Centre and although we are all working remotely currently, longer term we are proud to offer a hybrid working model retaining the best elements of remote and in-office working to create a culture of high performance though flexibility and encouraging a healthy work/life balance of working arrangements.
Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery EMEA, this new role is a member of the Service Delivery leadership team that will shape the overall strategy and direction of the function, with focus on delivering an exemplary service aligned to service management best practices to all at Norton Rose Fulbright (NRF).
The Service Management Manager will have the responsibility for the creation, development, maintenance and improvement of all the service management disciplines. The role will engage, coordinate and support all areas of the IT Services Delivery function to ensure a consistent deployment of processes, capabilities, tools and technology essential for the effective service delivery and operation in line with the current and future business need.
Working closely with colleagues in Service Delivery and NRF globally, the role will focus on implementing mature Incident, Major Incident, Problem Management, Change, Release, Configuration, Reporting, Transition and Continual Service Improvement processes that underpin the way the IT operates. Note, not all capabilities currently exist.
Whilst the role is UK based, it is part of the EMEA region where the services provided operate 24x7. Candidates will need to be flexible and be available out of hours should any service escalations be invoked.Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of management at different levels of an organisation
- Experience of developing and driving adoption of strategy
- Experience within the Law Sector (preferred)
- Proven experience in team leadership, work load prioritisation
- Providing management reports at senior management level
- Ability to understand the business processes and commercial concepts to interact with business partners and service providers at a peer level
- Ability to communicate clearly, persuade and influence
- Ability to be proactive, overcome setbacks and deliver results
- Commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for improvement
- Ability to share knowledge between individuals and teams to contribute to overall effectiveness of service improvement activities
- Ability to manage ambiguity and often conflicting priorities
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience of working in a regional environment across international locations with an appreciation of multiple cultures.
- Demonstrate a high calibre 'client facing' skill-set, with exposure to both business and delivery pressures
- Service Management qualifications are essential for this role
Our clients come first and whilst we have a high performance culture and work hard as a team, in return we offer range of competitive benefits including:
• 25 days hols + Bank hols - Buy/sell
• GP Service
• Bupa Heathcare
• Flexible working
In addition, we are proud of our established health and wellbeing programme which supports our employees through mental, physical and lifestyle challenges.
Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks.