Our client is looking for their next Quantity Surveyor/Account Manager in Bristol!
To provide quantity surveying/commercial activities across a portfolio of clients, this role will include working as part of the operations team managing and reporting on the financial status of secured contracts, maximising profit margin and ensuring delivery of payment, whilst providing a first class, high level of customer service to both internal and external clients for Gas, Electricity and Water utility infrastructure projects. Quantity Surveyor/Account Manager Key Responsibilities:
Quantity Surveyor/Account Manager Knowledge & Skills:
- Providing technical & commercial service from pre-contract to final account.
- Maintain appropriate records on the project.
- Preparation and submission of valuations, variations and claims.
- To assist in the return of interim payment applications and final accounts.
- Commercially accountable for the management of approximately 25-35 live contracts.
- Manage all debt on current contracts to ensure a cash positive position.
- Attend internal and external meetings to represent the commercial department.
- Respond effectively to the business and their client's needs, maintaining excellent customer service.
- Management and authorisation of Sub-contract orders and payments.
- Adhere to a project plan, and respond rapidly and effectively to the business and their client's needs.
- Procurement of Civils subcontractors and co-ordination of works in the Highway, defined as the budget evaluation, awarding of works, and communication between all parties involved.
Quantity Surveyor/Account Manager Experience:
- Knowledge of quantity surveying methods and techniques.
- Commercial knowledge within a construction/utilities background desirable.
- Aptitude for maths.
- Customer Service knowledge and impact on business.
- Knowledge of NRSWA/SROH preferred
- Ability to read and understand programmes to interpret into an accurate forecast.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach with a high focus on Customer Service.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build long lasting relationships.
- Ability to critically analyse and evaluate with strong attention to detail.
- Proven strong negotiating and interactive style.
- Ability to work under pressure within a deadline driven environment.
- Good IT Skills including MS Suite, Excel and Word.
If you have the relevant skills & experience needed for this role please apply with your CV now.
- A Degree within Quantity Surveying would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience within a commercial and/or Utilities environment is essential.
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Previous Experience/Qualification relating to New Roads and Street Works Act preferred.
- Ideally educated to A Level - including Mathematics.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and they value diversity and promote equality across all of their businesses. The company welcomes applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.