Flexibility on candidate location
Lockton is a leading, global insurance broker with a focus on exceptional client service and expertise across insurance, employee benefits consulting and risk management.
The entrepreneurial culture of the business is reflected in empowering associates to act quickly, learn fast and provide the right solutions for their clients.
Due to continued expansion of our Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) hub in Manchester, we have a new opportunity for a Contact Manager/ Project Administrator
The main purpose of the role will be to identify and research prospects and contacts; Successful promotion and selling of Lockton product and services to prospects via telephone based contact; Provision of support services for the Producers (Business Developers); Event organisation and management.Key Tasks and Responsibilities within the role include:
Competencies you will need to demonstrate in the role include:
- Pro-actively identify new potential prospects for targeting and addition to SalesPro. This may include regularly reviewing newspapers articles, business magazines and web sites.
- Obtain key financial data and relevant information in relation to targeted prospects.
- Assist in the preparation of mail shots and other related marketing material.
- Provision of administrative support in accordance with agreed Lockton procedures.
- Maintenance of a diary system for outstanding workload.
- Management and maintenance of the prospect database/pipeline.
- Maintenance of records, preparation of documentation verification of information and resolution of routine problems.
- Support in the organisation of client events including seminars, conferences, training and entertaining.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of prospects via a pipeline management tool, e.g. SalesPro in order to meet the short, medium and long-term financial goals of the producers.
- Implement a systematic communication plan for targeted prospects as agreed with the producers.
- Contact identified prospects in order to arrange appointments for the producers.
- Provide activity reports and pipeline status at regular intervals as agreed with the Managing Producer.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and within the business.
- Ideally previous experience working in insurance, but not essential if you have relevant skills and experience from another sector.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- A thorough knowledge of the computer desktop software provided by Lockton.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Reasonable typing and keyboard skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Understanding of a clients' business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
- Work in support of other team colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to instil confidence with clients so that the client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just an insurance broker, but as a producer in business.
We attract the best professionals to come and work with us who are excited by our unique culture that values respect, ethical, moral and caring approach, in fact our Associates are our greatest asset.