Why this is a great place to work...
It all starts with the people and the culture. You will love working with colleagues who have a genuine desire to innovate and solve complex problems. This keeps us wired. Our culture is one of continuous improvement. We each come into work every day striving to make the organization a little better than it was the day before. We ask the tough questions and push each other to be bold. This occurs in an environment that fosters authenticity and transparency. There are no games. No hidden agenda. No politics. What you see one day is what you will get any other day. Qualitrol associates enjoy the autonomy, breadth of responsibility and creativity that are part of a smaller, entrepreneurial environment while leveraging resources, best practices and career opportunities from a fortune 500 company, Fortive.
Program Manager will report to PMO Manager and will be responsible for bringing new products/systems from strategic identification through commercialization and production. Will work with the team to contain aligned upon scope, manage risks, handle project escalation, cross-functional communication, and lead the project team to an agree upon set of goals and objectives while using the Fortive Business System.
Here's where you'll demonstrate your competencies:
- Use agile practices and scrum framework to deliver critical customer facing, enterprise system solutions
- Program Owner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to delivery top-notch solutions to our global customers while building and maintaining strong working relationships across the organization
- Manage risks and escalate roadblocks
- Control timeline with milestones and while maintaining project goals
- Support and enforce project documentation
- Present project status to executive management
- Gain a strong working knowledge and experience with the customer's requirements
- Establish project rules and best practices
- Ensure planning of execution of quality
- Change management
- Prioritizing and manage time between multiple projects
- Manage and maintain project budget
- Actively report to PMO Manager the successes, areas for improvement and programs at risk in a timely manner to ensure corrective action
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science related field
- Minimum 5+ years as a program manager
- Clear understating of systems development practices and lifecycles
- Experience with lean product development practices
- Full knowledge and experience of Project Management processes and the application of these processes across platform level programs
- Experience reporting at an executive level
- High level of emotional intelligence with ability to lead and work within cross-functional teams spanning multiple time zones
- Ability to think on your feet and make quick, informed decisions with input from SME while maintaining program key goals and objectives
- Candidate must show desire to work with a structured, process driven, and continuous improvement organization.
- Strong interpersonal skill set including good technical communication/understanding
- Ability to work independently, self-driven
- Experience using Jira
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, including MS Project
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and relevant presentations
- A high degree of personal integrity and confidence
- Experience with Industry best practices
QUALITROL manufactures monitoring and protection devices for high value electrical assets and OEM manufacturing companies. Established in 1945, QUALITROL produces thousands of different types of products on demand and customized to meet our individual customers' needs. We are the largest and most trusted global leader for partial discharge monitoring, asset protection equipment and information products across power generation, transmission, and distribution. At Qualitrol, we are redefining condition-based monitoring.
We Are Fortive
Qualitrol Corp is a proud subsidiary of Fortive; a global family of more than 20 industry-leading industrial growth and technology companies, united by a shared purpose: to make the world stronger, safer, and more effective by providing essential technology for the people who accelerate progress. Here, you get the excitement of a "startup" with the stability and predictability of an organization strongly grounded in its roots and with a proven track record of growth. There is no limit to what you can learn, or the impact you can make: for you, for us, for growth.
- $7 billion+ in revenue, $1 billion+ in operating profit, and a market cap of $20+ billion
- 20+ operating companies
- Market-leading products in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution
- 26,000+ employees across 50 countries
- Culture based on Fortive Business System, the cornerstone of our competitive advantage