Don't just have a great idea, build it.
We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic scrum master with an enquiring mind, to help us build a global platform that will form a backbone of American Express's regulatory compliance landscape. Someone who understands technology and able to showcase servant leadership qualities to help a team deliver at its best will be an ideal candidate for this role.
Joining a global KYC AML Technologies team, this role will be focused on driving processes and execution oversight for the Engineering Teams. The person will enable to achieve team productivity and agility by demonstrating Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate.
This is an opportunity to work in a diverse team within a diverse organisation and make a remarkable impact individually and for the team.
- Facilitates Sprint planning meetings and other Scrum ceremonies with delivery team
- Support product owners by ensuring backlog refinement and readiness
- Ensures dependency alignment across teams
- Execute the Program Increment (PI) objectives to support the strategy, vision and road map
- Ensure value is achieved by the team on behalf of end users
- Works with the product owner to develop a prioritize team backlog
- Collaborates with other Technical Project Managers (TPM) to coordinate cross-team dependencies and other teams within the organization
- Create data-driven insights into the delivery and execution of the team using relevant team level metrics
- Raises impediments, handles risks, dependencies, and resourcing needs
- Support and encourage innovation through continuous exploration
- Drive Agile team objectives
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks, and opportunities across Agile teams
- Track and measure user story execution
- Manages external relationships, e.g. product or vendor partners
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.Qualifications
- Assist with maintaining Central applications and disaster recovery plans and resolving information security vulnerabilities
- Understand the team's technical platforms and applications
- Facilitate solution technical alignment discussions
- Coach teams in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Live the Agile and SAFe Values and Principles
- Encourage diversity of thought and demonstrate an open mindset
- Foster a culture of trust and leadership in others
- Champion a learning culture to drive continuous improvements and standardization
- Respectfully and purposefully challenge the status quo
- Inspires collaboration and quality practices between system architects, Agile teams, and product teams
- Provides guidance to ensure the timely identification and prioritization of technical infrastructure to support implementation of priority features and enablers, e.g Architectural Runway
- Promotes compliance with SDLC standards across the team
- Ensures data integrity for the team within the Agile Management tools
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org .