At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. The opportunity #LI-P
Our Enterprise Risk practice works with many of today's front-running companies. We are seeking a Manager to join either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office. You can expect to work with high level client personnel to lead large scale client engagements and drive high quality work products. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks and help generate new business.Qualifications: Your key responsibilities
Your key responsibility will be to spearhead a portfolio of clients and deliver client engagements in the Internal Audit and Controls space, managing multiple client engagement teams and stakeholders, internally and externally. On technically complex engagements you may conduct audit fieldwork. You will be responsible for taking ownership of your projects and client relationships, delivering high quality results on time and to budget.
- Deliver and manage client engagements and internal projects, per quality and risk management policies
- Support and lead proposals and bid teams
- Monitor and manage client engagement budgets and related commercial matters
- Support team strategy implementation, marketing and sales
- Assist in generating and identifying new business opportunities
- Develop your industry profile and that of the team through publications, events, briefings
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop junior team members through effective supervising, coaching, and mentoring.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to staff performance feedback
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism toward work challenges.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Provide clients with advice and input to the business on control and risk issues e.g. Controls remediation or Enterprise Risk Management
- Deep understanding of core business processes, associated risks and leading practice controls
- Testing strategies to assess design and effectiveness of controls using data analytics
- Team management, including mentoring and coaching staff
- Developing propositions and sales collateral that are current and relevant to our clients
- Project management, including financial management requirements, quality and risk management
- Ability to engage with and manage multiple stakeholder communities and cross functional projects
- Business acumen - compile information quickly and accurately, testing data and assumptions
- Financial process and accounting knowledge
- Process mapping, walkthroughs and risk analysis (strategic, financial, operational, and compliance)
- Control identification and design assessment
- Self-awareness when dealing with others, able to adapt your own approach to differences in individual style and backgrounds, recognising the risk of unconscious biases
Ideally, you'll also have
- Managerial experience in internal audit and SOX compliance, including leading delivery of internal audit services at large and complex organisations
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (IIA, CCAB, CA, ICAEW or equivalent)
- People and project management experience
- Clearance requirement: BPSS security clearance or equivalent
What we look for
- Strong core consulting skills and experience of working in a consulting environment
- Experience delivering and managing audits against complex regulatory frameworks
We are interested to hear from entrepreneurial people who feed on the energy of a thriving global team. We seek a high level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure. There is an expectation to be able to travel outside of the assigned office, which may involve UK regional or international travel. What we offer
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. Please note
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy.
We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!