As a Finance Business Partner at HS2 you will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to directorates to ensure the organisation achieves financial targets and delivers value for money within the budgets set by the comprehensive spending review.About the role:
Month End / IFRS Accounting / National Audit Office
- The role will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance Business Partnering team looking after a portfolio of directorates with specific reference to the following:
- Responsible for the accurate IFRS accounting of corporate expenditure in the monthly financial accounts
- Drive consistent month end reporting and review of all corporate directorates
- Provides justification and supporting evidence of accounting treatments to NAO Auditors as required
- Leads Business Planning and forecasting process, providing guidance on planning principles and expectations as provided by HS2 business planning
Workforce Costs & Indirects
- Supports Corporate Directors in determining the appropriate disaggregation and delegations to Sectors / Contracts
Corporate Governance/ Managing Public Money
- Provides Workforce Actual costs and forecast information to inform programme estimates
- Challenges budget holders to achieve workforce objectives and optimise resources
- Provides guidance on the application of governance within area
- Review and Financial Endorsement of Change and Investment Papers
- Provides assurance to Finance Director that reported expenditure and contract payments are appropriate
Qualifications About You:
- Actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Team working skills
- Ability to interpret financial information and determine appropriate IFRS accounting treatment
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to analyse large and complex data sets and provide useful management information
- CCAB qualified accountant
- Knowledge of Oracle accounting systems or other similar ERP systems
- Experience in providing financial information to inform project decisions, recognising consequence against cost, schedule and quality
- Experience in business planning, forecasting experience within a project environment
- The post-holder is expected to behave at all times in a manner consistent with the HS2 values of Safety, Leadership, Integrity and Respect.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.About Us:
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.