Term: Contract Duration: 6 months Reports to: Head of Business Development & Marketing (ME) / Head of Business Development (UK) Practice group: Marketing and Business Development Location: UK Purpose of role
This is a full-time 6 month FTC position based in the UK, supporting the Oman, Jordan and Qatar offices across Corporate, and the Oman office on Banking & Finance, Energy and construction Disputes. It reports to the Head of Business Development & Marketing for the Middle East (starting 8 May, and the Head of BD for UK&I in the interim), taking day-to-day instructions from both the local Middle East and regional fee earners (FEs). The role holder is an integral member of the Middle East BD & Marketing (ME BDM) team, and will work closely with the global BDM team as required. The role is supported by a Muscat based Business Development Executive.
There is a preference for the role to work the Middle East working week Sunday-Thursday, but Monday - Friday will also be considered.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to: Pitching and market intelligence
Events and seminars/conferences
- Bids - promote general pitch best practice based on international standards from bid alert through to presentations and client debrief. Draft, edit and produce high quality pitches/proposals and capability/ experience statements in tandem with local/regional/global teams.
- Opportunity Management - manage the ME Proposals Tracker, including win/loss reporting and feeding in to global opportunities trackers. Support the global BDM team with regional/global pitch requests, includings, credentials and financials.
- Market Intelligence - conduct research via appropriate resources on existing/prospective clients/opportunities and track industry/market trends (including competitor tracking) to support KAM/regional BD initiatives.
Profile and internal/external communications
- Conferences/Sponsorships - negotiate key local/regional sponsorship/advertising deals as appropriate to fit within local/regional/global BDM strategies and budgets.
- Firm Events - manage/support client events from start to finish, working closely with the global BDM team, including drafting/editing/managing invitations and all client-related event communications. Ensure FEs proactively drive appropriate attendance. Lead event debriefs/manage feedback/track follow-up.
- Database - work with wider ME MBD team/FEs to drive improved use of the InterAction database in supporting events, including arranging/developing and delivering appropriate training/support as necessary.
Marketing materials and client alerts
- Directories - work closely with the Head of BD & Marketing to drive improvements to the legal directory process, including drafting/editing/managing/supporting relevant local/regional/global submissions/interviews. Take the lead in developing/coordinating this strategic BD initiative for the ME region.
- PR - work with the Head of BD & Marketing to ensure that wins/awards/deals/new laterals etc. are properly communicated, both internally and externally. This includes working with all teams to source/draft/edit/drive submissions to local/regional/global awards.
- Profile building - support the Head of BD & Marketing/regional groups to improve profile, including proactively tracking opportunities with key legal and trade journals and sharing with groups as appropriate.
- Collateral - drive the production of tailored materials such as office brochures/group experience statements - including drafting/editing and managing internal processes/ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
- Client alerts - drive/edit and manage client alerts, including proactively feeding through office news/deals/ articles for publications such as regional/global updates/other alerts.
- Website - ensure that the firm website is up-to-date/adequately reflects the skills/experience of the regional network. Includes drafting/editing/managing/driving web content. Support the Head of BD & Marketing to roll-out website development projects.
- Share information and best practice with the ME BDM team and attend weekly meetings.
- Support the Head of BD & Marketing to plan for/deliver strategic internal events including annual FE retreats.
- Support the Head of BD & Marketing to deliver regional/office BDM plans and budgets, and support the subsequent delivery of regional BD initiatives. Support the global BDM team in preparing global practice/sector group budgets and plans.
- Support/lead key regional cross-selling initiatives, including but not limited to individual practice group and wider global initiatives.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Over six years' experience gained in a law firm.
- Solid experience in drafting/editing/delivering high quality proposals/bids (in English).
- Exceptional eye for detail and a good level of technical competence.
- Excellent oral and written English, exceptional communications skills.
- Strong project management skills with a pro-active approach.
- Ability to take responsibility for and lead local/regional/global projects.
- An appreciation of a legal partnership environment and specific issues affecting the delivery of legal services.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate determination and persistence.
- Ability to work effectively with and motivate partners and others.
- Requisite knowledge and skills to train, mentor and develop a direct report.
- Good team player.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email.
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.