2483773 - Information Security Director UK (Business Aligned Services), (London), UK) We're hiring!
Reporting to the VP GSS Business Aligned Services, this role is key in setting the strategy and executing the road map to align GSS services to enable the regional Aon Business growth agenda and to proactively manage the security risk profile across the designated region.
This is a highly visible role within Aon. We are looking for you to bring new ideas and a commitment toward continual learning. You will stay actively engaged with senior business leaders, IT executives and external clients. The role requires gravitas and an ability to be influential and persuasive.
Aon deeply values inclusiveness, collaboration and a "better together" mindset to deliver distinctive value to colleagues and clients. Overall, this role is an opportunity to deliver high impacts and make your mark! About Aon
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The FCA's Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) applies to Aon from December 2019 and this role is subject to the relevant requirements of the Regime. The primary aim of SM&CR is to drive individual accountability for all roles within the Financial Services Sector. Aon must ensure those in senior roles, with the potential to cause significant harm to customers and the business of the firm, are deemed to be fit and proper at all times and also to ensure everyone working in the sector adheres to a set of Conduct Rules and are held to account where they do not meet the right standards of behaviour About the Role Your impact as a Information Security Director :
- Accountable for the proactive management of the regional security risk profile and demonstrating effective and sustained remediation of security issues
- To form effective relationships with the regional Business leadership to understand the growth agenda and demonstrate linakages with GSS service offerings to enable this and to provide requirements to the GSS Service leaders on an ongoing basis such that GSS Services remain relevant to the business
- Membership of the monthly Aon UK Security Goverance committee and attendance at the Aon UK Board meetings as required to provide Security risk updates
- To facilite and champanion the implementation of GSS projects and initiatives within the region to lower the overall security risk profile
- To be the primary point of contact for Business and Client security queries and initial GSS support requests from the region
- To review and undertake the second level Security Exception reviews for their respective regions
- To track the GSS requests from the region, be the escalation point for service issues and accountable for their satisfactory resolution
- Ensure that appropriate GSS service documentation and collateral for the region is available on the GSS Aon Avenue site
- To have detailed knowledge of all the GSS Services and their respective roadmaps to advocate for and drive their use across the regional business
- To effectively manage relationship and communication to UK Regulatory Bodies and Clients regarding the position, approach and status of the Cyber resilence programme within the UK business
- Management of the Audit relationship for Security matters within the UK business
Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company. About you Your knowledge and expertise:
Salary and Benefits
- Strong Information Security knowledge and experience of implementing and operating an effective control regime in a large corporate environment
- Knowledge of Physical and Personnel security principals and best practice
- Experience if Compliance assurance and Audit practice is desirable
- Broad experience of Information Security domains and operation in a large corporate environment
- Have credibility and gravitas with business leadership to be able to influence change
- Ability to communicate and influence via both written and verbally is essential
- Strong personal drive and resilence to deliver results
- Strong networking skills and comfortable working in a matrix delivery model
- Experience of effectively managing relationships with UK regulatiory bodies
- Understanding and experience of delivering Sarbanes Oxley (404) compliance
- Security certification (CISSP,CISM) an advantage
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application