The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
This role is an amazing opportunity to work on one of the most iconic football competitions in the world, The Emirates FA Cup.
It's an extremely significant role for The FA as The Emirates FA Cup is one of our flagship properties and this role will lead all aspects of the marketing strategy and activation for it. This is both within the domestic market and importantly - overseeing international brand growth. The role manages two direct reports, one Marketing Manager and one Marketing Executive. For someone with a passion for marketing iconic sporting brands on an international scale - this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
The Emirates FA Cup turns 150 years old next season so it's a brilliant time to join.
The competition is steeped in history and tradition, but the way we market it to domestic and international audiences has a firm eye on the future. We are therefore looking for someone with a broad skillset. Core marketing skills are essential - an ability to delve deep into audience insight in different markets, build strong brand foundations, develop ambitious strategy and create inspirational marketing activation - all something this person should be experienced in. Of equal importance is understanding digital marketing channels, our activation both domestically and internationally is heavily digitally-led. The ability to develop successful digital content strategies (localised to different markets), as well an understanding of the changing broadcast landscape including OTT, is vital as the role works very closely with the Digital Content Team. The role also works very closely with our Broadcast, Sales, and Partnerships Teams as we look to build relationships with incumbent and prospective commercial partners and broadcasters. Finally the person should be an experienced line manager, who is extremely focused on and committed to the development of two direct reports.
Overseeing all marketing strategy and activation across The Emirates FA Cup, both in England and other key focus international markets in order to deliver an increase in competition awareness, fan engagement and brand affinity.Setting the overall direction and ambition for The Emirates FA Cup including:
Leading on growing The Emirates FA Cup brand internationally including:
- Leading on initiating of audience insight and translating this insight into clear strategy.
- Uniting cross-functional team around a clear direction for the brand and ambitious objectives.
- Being the lead for key broadcast and commercial relationships.
- Constantly challenging the team to achieve new levels of impact and engagement with marketing activation.
- Use long-term brand tracking to evaluate overall performance and growth vs strategy.
- Lead business planning process and oversee entire brand budget.
Coach and support Marketing Manager in growing The Emirates FA Cup brand domestically
- Developing a brilliant data-driven global brand strategy with strong localised activation in key identified markets, in order to grow The Emirates FA Cup brand audience.
- Developing a comprehensive market intelligence report for each key market.
- Overseeing global paid media strategy and ongoing delivery.
- Manage in-market agencies to develop localised content strategies and facilitate monetisation opportunities or added value potential for partners.
- Support the internal Sales and Partnerships teams to engage incumbent or new in-market partners.
- Support the Broadcast team in scoping global market potential, new platforms or rights purchasers.
including supporting on strategy, the development of major campaigns / initiatives and maintaining great commercial and broadcast relationships.Coach and support Marketing Manager in the delivery of major Emirates FA Cup events;
the Semi-Finals and Final at Wembley. Strive for best in class stadium activation - learning from the biggest and best global sporting events.Additional management of a Marketing Executive in supporting on all aspects of The Emirates FA Cup.
What we are looking for Essential
This is a senior role within the marketing team, we are looking for someone who has the following experience. Including:
• Experience of driving brand growth in domestic and international markets - through creation of brilliant marketing strategy and activation.
• Experience of overseeing highly successful digital content strategies.
• Experience of implementing complex digital paid media campaigns (or overseeing agencies to do so).
• Experience of working on / with commercial teams e.g. partnerships, sales, broadcast.
• Experience of building rapport with and managing requests from multiple stakeholders.
• Experienced line manager
• Educated to degree level.
• A strong passion and interest in international sports marketing
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Campaign analysis and generation of insights
• An excellent communicator (verbal and written) Desirable
• Experience of managing sports brands specifically on a global scale
• Experience of marketing brands in U.S. and China
• A good understanding of the sports industry
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.