Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which underpin the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and seek to achieve full fee recovery.
The Central Risk Management team is responsible for supporting the UK firm in the execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures, including financial crime, data protection and the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, providing advice on complex risk matters and monitoring the application of these policies.
With the implementation of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (and its implementation into UK legislation via the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018), data protection is an area of increased risk for the firm. The law has been modernised and strengthened and the penalties have increased and as a result, the central DP team is continuing to grow its compliance function. The opportunity
As a result of growth within EYs private tax services, there is a unique opportunity for an experienced data protection professional to support the UK Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the business in complying with all relevant DP legislation. Your key responsibilities
You will enjoy a challenging workload, including supporting a part of EY's business which focuses on private tax work via the prompt delivery of pragmatic, adaptable and commercial legal and compliance advice. You will ensure the firm's compliance with applicable privacy legislation, such as the UK/EU GDPR; the Data Protection Act 2018; and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
You will be specifically responsible for:
Skills and attributes for success
- Responding to queries on data protection and providing appropriate advice and interpretation of data privacy legislation;
- Advising on complex and high-risk data protection issues arising out of frontline compliance matters, such as data subject requests, potential data incidents, privacy impact assessments and compliance 'health checks';
- Delivering training and awareness across the UK firm;
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures;
- Assisting with the firm's ad hoc projects; and
- Implementation of the EY Global Privacy Framework within the UK firm.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Ability to provide clear and practical advice and support with a high degree of professionalism;
- Strong team player with excellent negotiation and communication skills;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a high degree of confidentiality, respect, trust and credibility at all levels;
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks and projects;
- Ability to remain calm, controlled and resilient in a fast and pressurised environment; and
- Commercial acumen.
- Degree-level education or equivalent and subsequent professional qualification such as CIPP/E, ISEB Certificate or equivalent Data Privacy qualification; and
What we look for
- Approximately 5 years previous experience of quality, risk management and compliance processes, with strong data protection knowledge.
Qualifications: What we offer
- You will be an experienced Data Protection practitioner with the ability to work within a complex matrix organisation.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now. EY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes net.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.