Salary:Up to £58,000 + Company Car + a range of other benefits to support yourfamily, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern:Permanent| Full Time|with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The Electrical Operations and Maintenance Manager (EOMM) will be leading a team of O&M supervisors responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance of electrical assets, owned and operated by SSE Utility solutions limited or other key stakeholders of the SSE Distributed energy business.
These will range from AIDNO networks (33kv-LV) Private wire networks (33kv-LV) and Electrical vehicle charging networks, UK wide.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that Company Procedure and Health & Safety regulations are observed by all departmental staff (including preferred contractors) at all times
- Manage the planning and completion of all planned maintenance in line with contracted time lines, maintenance standards and costs, as defined within our proposals and associated contract documentation
- Manage the implementation and close out of reactive maintenance / Fault tasks, to ensure that Guaranteed standards are met for return to service timescales in line with contracted time lines and OFGEM standards, as defined within our proposals and associated contract documentation
- To manage the delivery of all electrical O&M works, in line with budgeted targets, balancing the need for cost control with operational and contractual performance
- Mentor, counsel and coach O&M supervisors to ensure that they are confident in their abilities to perform the duties that each person's role and responsibilities demand.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have
- Good understanding and appreciation of Electrical Networks (Private and Public regulated) SAP would be Desirable
- A broad understanding of O&M Processes
- Monitor quality and safety in the workplace
- Excellent stakeholder engagement expertise with strong communication skills both written and verbal
- HNC or Degree in Engineering Subject is Desirable
- Passionate and Committed to delivering SHE excellence
- Flexibility to support wider regions as and when required with ad-hoc travel to other UK locations
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential you possess a full driving license.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you?Fromhealth and wellnessto finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday(plusthe option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave,discounted healthcare and a wide range ofoffersvia our SSE Advantage scheme.:
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference.We all have differentskills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you canbe yourself.Wetake pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for thefuture. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here .
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn't take long.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss anyworking differently requirements oradjustments you may require, please contact email@example.com / 0141 224 7311.
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal recordsand credit check.