The UK Independence Team that forms part of the Risk Management (RM) Group of EY UK, currently has a permanent vacancy for an Independence Manager. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful and diverse team that is very much central to the firm, at a time of significant regulatory change within the UK audit profession.Qualifications: Key Responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Your day to day responsibilities will be focussed on providing independence support related to ongoing business acquisitions contemplated by EY UK. Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting Independence analysis in respect of potential acquisition targets, initial checks of feasibility of an acquisition from am independence perspective and supporting the EY Corporate Development team who lead on the Acquisitions
- Managing full Independence due diligence exercises with respect to potential Firm acquisitions - including reviewing third party relationships of the acquisition target, primarily covering review of their engagement scope of service and business relationships, as well as personal independence issues relating to employees and owners of the target
- Managing the resolution, documentation and communication of independence matters identified as a part of acquisition due diligence
- Managing independence aspects of integration of the acquisition target into EY post completion
- Supporting UK Independence Leader and Directors with the preparation of matters to be reported to the EY Board and other governance bodies in respect of acquisitions
- Working with the EY global independence network dealing with cross-border matters related to acquisitions
- Setting clear targets and monitoring performance and progress of other EY acquisition team members against timetable
- Provide training and support to offshore colleagues in EY overseas 'shared services centres who are involved in acquisitions, including reviewing their output and assessing the quality of work they produce, and providing feedback as required
- As time allows, your role may also involve supporting a varied and broad spectrum of the activities in matters outside of Acquisitions undertaken by the Independence function including providing advice to the business concerning non-audit services for audit clients, Firm business relationships, and other ad-hoc independence matters.
- Strong communicator with colleagues at all levels including delivering tough messages to senior leaders within the firm
- Ability to build strong working relationships with the business
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and handle complex concepts
- Ability to manage and coach junior members of the team
- Independence professionals with current experience at Manager level.
- Experience of managing a team
Ideally, you may also have
- Individuals with audit/assurance or other relevant professional qualifications.
- A working knowledge of the concept of Ethics and Independence, in particular under the UK FRC Ethical Standard, IESBA Code of Ethics and USSEC regulations.
- Extensive experience of other financial services related rules and regulations
What we look for
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Adaptable and flexible with good team working skills and the ability to multi-task
- Strong project management skills and proficiency at driving projects to a close
What we offer
- Proactive and capable of working using own initiative
- Ability to work to pre-determined deadlines and meet objectives under pressure
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer: Continuous learning:
You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next. Success as defined by you
: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way. Transformative leadership:
We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs. Diverse and inclusive culture:
You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs. If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.